Pituitary Macroadenoma
I too have been treated at military bases after complaining of headaches and being told I have no problems.  I insisted that I have an MRI with contrast and the tumors were found.  Pituitary macroadenoma and a left-sided vestibular schwannoma.  I have been through hell and high water to get continuity of care and have had docs tell me the tumor shouldn't be causing pain.  They have also ignored some symptoms and treated me as if it were my fault.  I have complained and filed more complaints to ensure they are held accountable for being untruthful.  I have a story to tell and am interested in learning of others who may as well.  
How awful!! At least you know what you are up against now...at least somewhat. Are you going to have surgery soon?
Horselip
I suffered just like you for 2 1/2 years.  Complained to every doctor who would listen that my head was killing me.  Finally a doctor agreed to have an MRI done with contrast.  I indeed had a pituitary tumor.  When I went to see a specialist, I was told my tumor could not possibly be giving me this much pain.  Finally, after 6 more months with that dr., I insisted on being referred to UCLA (I live in So Cal) for surgery to remove it regardless what that A-Hole (sorry) Dr had to say.  I had another MRI done at UCLA and it was determined that the reason I was in so much pain was because my tumor (although small) was sitting against my nerves. My whole face and head hurt everyday.  2 weeks later I had it removed and have not felt one bit of pain since I woke from surgery. Actually, I cried when I woke in recovery because I could not believe I was finally pain free after soooooo long!!!  I had the surgery Mar 18 and just recently had follow up blood work done and everything is completely in normal range.  You should demand surgery.....if you can and your insurance allows.  I know sometimes that is a big obstacle.  Good luck!!!
Yeah for you but it sure does bite that when you least feel like it you are in for the battle... Glad you are doing better.

Just make sure you keep following up on testing!