Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pituitary Microadenoma 7mm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Pituitary Microadenoma 7mm

I have been getting severe headaches and neck pain since January 2009.  I finally had a MRI to rule out an aneurysm or tumor.  It came back that I am believed to have a 7mm microadenoma.  My growth hormone is elevated (almost double).  I had an appointment with an endocrinologist in July, but my husband called and was able to get me in this week.  I have been in so much pain and taking pain meds every day.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The neck pain and being nauseas is horrible.
If your growth hormone is high, it can cause a lot of bone and muscle pain. It can also effect other hormones.

You need to see not only just an endocrinologist, but a neuro-endocrinologist as they specialize in treating pituitary disorders. Recently they have come out with a medication that can treat acromegaly so that surgery is no longer the first treatment or the only treatment now.

You need a doctor that knows how to manage this medication which is delivered via injection, as well as monitor you properly. Pituitary diseases are more complex and a normal endo usually cannot take this on. You may also want to see a neuro-opthomologist as well to get a good eye exam.