Pituitary Surgery.
I just wanted to let everyone know if you have a pituitary tumor seek out a hospital/doctor that has done thousands of these operations and the hospital has cutting edge technology. I had a tumor that had a stroke and had instant pain and vision loss. I live in a state that does not have a great neurosurgeon/ hospital for this type of surgery. I looked up pituitary centers and a list of 5 of the top pituitary centers in the world popped up. I called them all. UCLA got me in immediately for a appointment and that day they operated on me because it was a medical emergency. UCLA is ranked 5th in the world at pituitary surgery, my doctor ( Bergsneider has done over 4,000 operations of pituitary tumors).  You get a better outcome with a surgeon and hospital that specializes in this sort of surgery. My Pituitary tumor was extremely large, causing loss of vision and the tumor had a stroke and swelled so my case was very serious. I month out after surgery and all is well. I 'm on 2 medications Thyroid and steroid for precautionary reasons and I'm getting more blood work done to find out if I can stop taking the medicine and I will let you know but it looks like I will be slow taken off of them all together. My eyesight is back to normal, thank god.
I am so glad you found an experienced surgeon. I second your advice. I constantly say that the surgeon and his skill and the first factor in the outcome in your surgery!

I am glad that after your pituitary apoplexy that you got your vision back!

I am panhypopit myself (mostly due to removal of the glands). When  you wean off the steroids, take it slow - it can be very painful.
Thanks for the info and kind words. What medication do you have to take?
I am panhypopit (which means all or most of the pit hormones are low).  I replace all but ADH.

Just make sure your doc keeps evaluating you long term - things like growth hormone may be ok now, but may be lost later.