Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Please Help Me i have no were else to Turn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Hello my name is Mike...for the past 3 months i have been experiencing some weird symptoms that literally has had me out of work..not seing friends..and basicaly disabled in my room. I started to get these sharp quick pains in my head that last only a split second....the pain is triggered if i move my head to fast or even if i hit a bump in the road while driving....also i have noticed that if i tap my jaw with my hand it triggers the same sharp pain that im feeling. As if that isnt strange enough i also have a 24/7 constant feeling of like pressure and dizziness. It gets even worse if i walk into a store or a populated place, i feel like i need to close my eyes and just it down...its extremely uncomfortable. Even when im not out tho the feeling is still here...like i could be sitting at home and its always here..just feels like something isn't right....it makes me wanna shake my head it feels like something is in there that shouldn't be....i find my eyes squinting all the time because of it and my hand always on my head....i went to a neurologist and had an MRI done of my cervical spine and of my brain and both came back normal....i also had blood work done and everything came back normal. Ive seen an ENT, a dentist and a cardiologist also...the cardiologist currently has me hooked up to a heart monitor because when i took a stress test he said i had an irregular heart beat at one point during the test. I have to mention that back in 2006 i took a couple big blows to my head when i use to do boxing. I experienced these symptoms back in 2008 and then they went away. During 2009. 2010, and 2011 i was completely fine and normal. Then in January 2012 the symptoms came back...all of 2012 was on and off..some months i was ok and some i had my symptoms...but in November of 2012 it came back and its now feb 2013 and it just hasn't gone away. Idk wats wrong with me but between the pressure and dizziness feeling plus the actual feeling of physical pain when any kind of vibration goes through my body such as a bump in the road or turning my head to quick or even biting down on hard candy can can set off the split second of sharp pain. I just really need some advice and someone to tell me were to turn to next because im literally falling apart...idk if maybe it has to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain? I also happen to notice that when i smoke marijuana all my symptoms get 100 times WORSE...i smoked marijuana multiple times a week for the past 2 years and i was completely fine...but i now notice that if i try and smoke i feel that sharp pain alot more often and my vision along with the dizziness and stuff is WAY worse....its almost like something in marijuana triggers it and makes it worse and thats why i say maybe its a chemical imbalance or something in that direction. I would really appreciate if someone would review this and please at least point me in the right direction....thank you so much...sincerely Mike
Did you get copies of you blood tests? If not, get them.

When you were boxing, were you knocked out?

Have you seen an eye doctor? Have you had your retinas, optic nerve and all checked out?

Smoking anything constricts blood vessels - can you stop?

Did anyone check out your facial nerves?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND CONCERN... I do have copies of all my blood work...when i did boxing and received the blows to the head abck in december 2005 i was not knockout out..i just had a bad headache that whole night that was pounding..but i did not loose consciousness...I don think anyone checked my facial nerves but i did see a neurologist and brought up trigeminal neuralgia and he said he didnt hink thats what i have....its weird because i received the blows to the head back in December 2005 and i dont remember exactly when i started having these problems but it was sometime between 2006 and 2008, then it went away for 3 years..Through 2009 2010 all the way up to December 2011 i was perfectly fine. So it seems to me at least unlikely that the boxing has anything to do with my problems because why would i experience symptoms then be perfectly fine and live a normal life for 3 years and then boom out of knowere they come back? its just weird
Did you get a work up for migraine or cluster headaches? Nerve pain is a funny one - and more a diagnosis, I believe, of exclusion (as in they have ruled out everything else) rather than testing - unless an EMG can show it.

I asked about knock outs as sometimes trauma can damage the pituitary and it can show up later. That can cause headaches too.

Did the dentist evaluate for for TMJ etc?