Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Please Help(Have to get an MRI)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Please Help(Have to get an MRI)

Okay, I may be in the wrong forum but I have a whole closet full of weird symptoms. Maybe someone is having some of the same symptoms. I have dizziness,a tingling/burning feeling on my scalp,floaters that started in my right eye but now I have them in my left as well, tingling in my hands and arms and sometimes legs,a pressure like feeling in my head that now feels like its going to my ears, and slight headaches. I am sure that I am missing so symptoms but these are the main symptoms. I am getting blood work and an MRI done on monday. I have had 2 CT scans and they were normal but, with all of these symptoms I am really getting scared. Please help!
By any chance, did you get ear and eye stuff checked out first?

Did they do EMGs (nerve tests) for the tingling?

MRIs may seem scary, but as long as you are not uncomfortable in small places, they go by pretty fast. I watch my toes or the tech via the mirror or just zone out.

Good luck and let us know if they find anything!
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I did have my eyes checked not dialated though. I was refered to a ENT but I haven't gone yet. I  had the MRI done and it wasnt that bad I have to wait until 9/28 to get the results of the blood work and the MRI so I am praying for the best.
You should be able to go to medical records and get a copy of the MRI (on CD) as well as a copy of the report after about 48 hours. Most labs in some states let you get copies too if you fill out a form. Just a thought.
aw..man well I had it done on 9/14. Do u think it would be to late to go and get it? I wasnt aware that I could do that. What funny about this is that I saw another woman come in while I was waiting and they gave her a CD. I was wondering what that was, I should have asked.
Call up, ask for medical records. It may take them a while to "burn" the cd - usually 48 hours - but you can ask them to mail you the cd and report together and they usually will do that no charge. The old films were costly and used to cost like $6 or more a page so the cds are so much easier.

Next time, you can ask for a cd before you leave, and just hang a about a few minutes - but you must ask before you have the scan! The report still takes 24  hours or more depending on the facility...

[you cannot tell that I have had 10+ mris eh?]
Lol, well I actually found out that everything was normal with my mri but some things that they tested for in my blood were elevated. So now they are testing for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.