Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Please help - too many symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Please help - too many symptoms

I have so much going on, nobody knows where to start. To begin with, I was diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia a couple of years ago. Well, I have always hurt, but now things are happening, and I have no clue as to what is going on. My head sometimes feels really weird, kinda like it's oxygen deprived. Lately, I have been having spells of excessive sweating (to the point of soaking my clothes and seeing it drip out of my hair). When this happens, I normally feel really faint. My blood pressure is usually 120-150/90-100 when this happens. My potassium levels are fine. I was taking a bp medicine but I quit it trying to see if it was making things worse. I also stopped taking savella to see if that was the problem. Unfortunately, none of my medicines were making it worse or better. Also, I cramp alot and sometimes my right hand draws up and so does my left foot. I can't control it at all. It stays that way until my body releases it, so to speak. I have been smelling coffee, or something similar to coffee. I can't remember if I have eaten or when I did or when and if I took my meds (synthroid, kapidex, concerta) or conersations that I have supposedly had with people. I can't even remember what I wore yesterday and I sometimes find myself lost or wondering how I got to where I am at when I go somewhere. I have feelings of needle pricks in various places on my body. My head hurts every day. Worse in the mornings though but still hurts 24/7. My left ear feels as if there is some kind of pressure. Sometimes, there is ringing and sometimes I can't hear too well out of it. Another thing is that sometimes (rarely) people can be talking to me and I hear them (clearly speaking English) but it's like I am hearing something I don't comprehend, kinda like Charlie Brown's teacher in the cartoon. I am a fairly well educated individual, but all of these things are causing me to feel stupid. I live in a very rural area and my doctors think that I am crazy (they are sending me to neurologist now), but I know I am not. I had a ct scan of my sinus yesterday and it clearly shows something in my maxillary sinus but I don't know what yet. My general practitioner said they should have scanned my entire head but they only done my sinus, due to me telling them I could feel something in there that shouldn't be in there. Sometimes, it makes me gag. So, my question is could that one thing in my maxillary sinus be causing all of this or should I get a full head scan or what? I need to know what is causing this or can cause all of this and quit wasting my money going to different doctors that don't know their heads from their butts. Also, occassionally, with my headaches, I also have these stabbing like sensations in my head.
Wow, your name is something else...

I am glad you are seeing a doctor. I have no idea why the imaging place changed the doctor's orders and only scanned your sinuses - that is not supposed to happen. That was an error on the part of the tech. There can be cysts and stuff in the sinuses that can cause all the smells and perhaps some of the headaches. When your sinuses are off, dizzy can happen.

As for the rest, it is good to see the neuro to get the rest of your head checked out.

Once you get all that checked out, hopefully the neuro will have enough info to run more tests to get to the bottom of the issue.

Have you seen an ENT lately?
Yes, I have seen an ENT. It was the ENT that ordered the CT of my sinus.