Possible Meningioma
two years ago I was told I had some calcification in my brain int the high left frontal parafalcine that measured 15 mm, and that it was a "possible meningioma".  I did not recieve follow up care because I was assured that they are benign and slow growing if they grow at all....Recently I have been experiencing new symptoms and went to the E.R. where they performed another CT.  The written report says that my Brain CT was normal, but when you look at the images you can CLEARLY see the big white spot in the middle of my brain that they said they thought to be a meningioma!  IDK what is going on here.  Is there a possible tumor, or is it normal calcification?  is that an area of the brain that commonly gets calcification?  I have the images from both scans.  The new one has a second calcified spot on the other side of the brain that was not visible on the scan I had two years ago.  I am willing to email a picture
Benign is one thing, but location can be another...
Who ordered the scans - a GP or neurologist? Can you get another opinion or at least get a neurologist opinion?

There also can be white matter issues - this is a pure guess - but I don't think they are usually 15mm large - and those can occur from anything from headaches on up...

I would seek out another medical opinion.
CTs are not as good as MRI's in diagnosing meningiomas. If I were you, I would ask for an MRI with and without contrast. Contrast is a must when looking for meningiomas.

I agree with rumpled that you need to get another opinion. I would see a neurologist, or if your symptoms are bad you can see a neurosurgeon to see what they would advise. When you go, ask what types of symptoms to expect if the tumor becomes symptomatic. Doctors tend to dismiss meningiomas as "slow-growing" but you are young and it should not be simply dismissed. It is less common for them to be found in younger people and they should be monitored every year or 2 unless there's evidence of growth. If there's evidence of growth, you may want to have it followed more closely. It is true that they sometimes never grow. It is also true that they do sometimes hit growth spurts, often associated with hormonal events like pregnancy and menopause. I also encourage you to research using hormonal birth control and these tumors, as there is evidence that hormone use can increase growth rate.

Be sure to find out what would happen if it is allowed to grow. For example, if it is near the superior sagittal sinus or grows to involve it, it may become inoperable.

All this being said, don't panic. I have heard statistics from doctors that anywhere from 1 in 4 to 1 in 10 people have these tumors and never know it. So it is quite possible that you will never need to do anything about it. But if you know it is there, and you may be having symptoms, then definitely learn more about it.
That is a little scary.  my baby just turned 1 today, so my hormones were recently all crazy LOL!  I guess I will have to find a neurologist here in the near future, because I really feel strange....maybe I am just paranoid because I "know" it's there.

@ rumpled, I had it done in the Emergency Room.  I have not seen a private doctor as of yet.  I know that's terrible, but part of me does not want to know.
ERs are great for some things (like emergencies) - but not for diagnosing and treating some long term things.

Fear is certainly a factor in us all. I know I had it in mine and someone else is currently battling as well. Once you know a bit more though and deal with it though, some of the fear tends to recede.

As for hormones, since this is a pituitary board too - we can understand that too! Hang in there and listen a bit to TBH!