Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Sweating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sweating

How can you tell if you have hot flashes due to menopause or sweating due to a pituitary tumor?  The type of sweating I have is whenever I do anything I sweat until I stop what I am doing and sit down.  Some people have told me a hot flash just comes on and then goes away within a few minutes.  My hot flashes stay with me until I stop doing what I'm doing.  Does this sound more like a adrenal problem?
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
A hot flash is what your friends say - you can be sitting, sleeping, walking, eating etc and a wave of heat comes over you and lasts, say, a minute...

What you are describing, to me, is an inability to manage heat. I have no idea if it is adrenal but it does sound hormonal! I know when I had Cushing's I used to be wet all over constantly...
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
A hot flash is what your friends say - you can be sitting, sleeping, walking, eating etc and a wave of heat comes over you and lasts, say, a minute...

What you are describing, to me, is an inability to manage heat. I have no idea if it is adrenal but it does sound hormonal! I know when I had Cushing's I used to be wet all over constantly...
Blank
Thanks for the info!  I will be seeing the Internist thursday and I just wanted to run it by some one else before I go for my appt.  I also take desipramine for my headaches and I've read that one of the side effects can be sweating.

Nice to chat with you again :)
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
Talk to the pharmacist about the side effects... see how common it is. Otherwise it may just get passed off and not looked at.

I can be so many things... I know a guy who had his armpits removed (well, the skin in his armpits removed) for excessive sweating...
Blank
Update~

The internist agreed that what I described sounds more like heat intolerance.  I'm being weaned off of my headache med to see if that will fix the problem but she felt my dose was so small that it shouldn't be giving me any side effects.  If this doesn't do it then they will look closer at the thyroid although I had testing done in January and this sweating started last summer when my headache med started.
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
Glad he is looking at it - the heat lately here has been awful for us who have this (I sleep with 2 fans on me while my hubs shivers under all the blankets and complains) so while it seems such a small thing, it is miserable!

Hopefully it is just a side effect and  you can get a different med... all those preventatives have a side effect (I am on one too) or two..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
8149410_tn?1399087612
Blank
KatesGram commented on rumpled's status
Aug 28
657231_tn?1390151580
Blank
rumpled had her appendix removed...... Comment
Aug 28
Blank
Robinjr commented on life after brain tumo...
Aug 25
Top Cancer Answerers
657231_tn?1390151580
Blank
rumpled
Northern, NJ
7734321_tn?1393763564
Blank
LucyEvony
Melbourne, Australia
Blank
drake801