Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Swooshing sounds in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Swooshing sounds in ear

Hello, I'm new to this site and hope that someone could help.  I have been having this swhooshing sounds in my left ear for about 3 months and won't go away.  It is scary because I'm thinking it could be an aneurysm or brain tumor.
I went to the doctor and was told that it may never go away and the probability of it being an aneurysm or brain tumor
is slim to none.  I'm so worried because I think that my doctor could be wrong.  I'm now experiencing pains or sensitive areas by my left ear and headaches.  What should I do?  Could it be what I thought?
Have you seen an Ear Nose and Throat doctor?
I went to my regular doctor who told me that these sounds and pains in my ears may never go away.
I would get a second opinion.  It may not be what you think but I think you deserve a reason why the sounds would never go away and what caused it.
I have an appointment to get an MRI.  My headaches aren't going away.  I hope this will help me figure out what's going on.
It sounds like your doing the right thing.  Sorry I haven't been a lot of help.

Good Luck!
Keep me posted

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and try to help!  I will keep you posted!
If you head also feels kinda like you're in a fog or a "dizzy feeling", it may be that the crystals in your ears are out of place. I had this and it took forever to finally be diagnosed. As for the headaches, I went to a chiropractor. He adjusted me and diagnosed me with high blood pressure. After adjustments and daily medication, I am fine. The are simple exercises you can do to relieve the crystal problems.  Lay down and turn your head to one side and sit. Repeat but turn your head to the other side.  This is going to sound silly, but if I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand, it helps put the crystals back in place.  NO MORE NOISES!!!
Hi, thanks for the advice.  I think I'm going to wait to see what the MRI finds, if anything.  My blood pressure is very good so that couldn't be the problem.  I have it checked regularly.  Thanks again.  I will ask my doctor about the crystals.
please advise, my husband has a history of sinus trouble and allergies off and on since I have know him, for the past 6 months he has had swooshing in his ear especially at night, can't sleep well, has tried different sinus meds to help, just say the ENT today, they want to do allergy testing (which I can understand) and a MRI of the sinuses, any suggestions?   what crytals are you talking about in your posts?  I have a medical background and don't know what you mean by "crytals", any advice will be helpful
Hi Francis,   does the "whooshing" sound in your ear sound like your heart beat .... the whooshing sound of blood pumping in an artery ?   If so, then this disorder is called Pulsative Tinnitus .. ( Google it) ... there are several things that could be wrong and it might be good advise for your doctor to arrange for you to have an MRI to check.   I myself have this condition
*  correction ... disorder I described in above post is called Pulsatile Tinnitus
I hear a beating sound. Why is this
In your ears? It also could be tinnitus.