Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Unremarkable MRI but NEURO says its a pituitary tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Can you have a pituitary tumor even though the MRI and CTA scan say they are unremarkable.  The neuro-ophthalmologist diagnosed my daughter with pituitary tumor.   She does have issues with prolactin, and too much hormones.   She also has had vision problems seeing double, crossing eyes, and blurry vision.   I am so confused.  Thanks for your help!
It is possible. I can tell you why. MRIs take images in 3mm slices and pit tumors can be smaller than 3mm. The radiologist can miss it. If the scan was not done properly (BTW, CTs, to the best of my knowledge, cannot pick up a pit tumor unless it is huge).

Neuro-optho is on track - pit tumors interfere with the eyes.

Now you need to see a neuro-opthomologist.

I had a pit tumor hide for 12 years - in other words, I had MRIs for twelve years, but only the tumor on the left showed up, on the 12th year, a tumor on the right showed up. That was my prolactinoma. The one on the right was my Cushing's tumor. The difference was a dynamic protocol in scanning.

Read up - you need to get to a doc who will test and scan her correctly.