Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
What can I expect from a Brain Cyst? How bad it is and how bad it might...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

What can I expect from a Brain Cyst? How bad it is and how bad it might become? Is there any treatment?

The other day I had an MRI done of my brain by order of my ENT Doctor because of a sudden right ear Tinnitus that I started to have. Everithing on both ears came out OK and the rest of the Brain too. However, a cyst of about 1.4 cm was found in my left temporal lobe.  What is it?  What can I expect from it?  Can it be removed? Might it get worst? If any can contribute to any of these questions, I would appreciate it?  Thank you.
You should have been referred to a neurologist or neurosurgeon if there was any concern about the cyst. These are the people you need to answer your questions. Sometimes it's hard to get definite answers because they just don't have them.
How the cyst will affect you (if at all) will depend on it's exact location, and perhaps the type of cyst it is.
I have read about cysts in the brain that sometimes disappear on their own, so it really takes a specialist to investigate further to find out exactly what you're dealing with.
Call your doctor and ask for a referral.
And try not to worry.
I hope you get some answers soon.
Good luck.

Enzy
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 21
lola4686 added the Diabetes Tracker
Aug 17
lola4686 Struggling to get my prolac... Comment
Aug 17