Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
What should I do about an arachnoid cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

I went to the emergency room because I had a "migrane (migraine)" for 4 days.  At the ER they did a CT and found what I was told is an arachnoid cyst.  The doctor told me it is very common and nothing to worry about, but after doing research online I have found that it is not that common and can't be diagnosed with just a CT.  She told me this cyst was present in more than fifty percent of the population and not causing my headaches, just making them more intense.  She referred me to an internal medicine specialist.  Should I go ahead and contact this doctor or do I need to go to a Neurologist?  Everything I have read says I need a Neurosurgeon, I do not have insurance and can't afford more bills than needed. Should I skip her advice and go directly to a Neurologist?  
I think the doctor overstated how common they are and you need to find a specialist. You may need to be treated, or be followed - all that depends on size and location.

Yes, you need a neurologist. Call around and find one that treats many.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
Jul 23
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
Sandyruiz1962 added the Gastro Tracker
Jul 19