What the CT scan revealed and what the Dr determined:
Hi everyone...

Due to multiple, slow growing nodules on my head I had a ct scan done. It was determined that I had calcified cysts. Well I seen the ct scan myself and there are many more nodules that have yet to surface. They all seemed to be superficial but it just seems odd to me. Do calcified cyst grow extremely slow and multiply?  
If the cyst is calcified, to my laymen knowledge, it means that they are not going to grow.

Did the doctor comment on the cause of the cysts in the first place? What were your symptoms that made you get the CT?

I know you may look at your own CTs but unless you have skills to read them, you may not be able to pick out what is cyst, and what is blood vessel, sinus and what is normal to what is not. When you looked did you compare it to a normal CT? Is the doctor going to do some follow up?
Thanks for your reply!

I had the ct scan for these multiple nodules that are protruding from my scalp. There are only about 5 five that I can feel but the largest one has been very slowly growing for 10 years. I remember noticing it way back when and it was tiny then. It was years later that others started forming. About three all at the same time and they have been growing too. My head also seems a little misshapen and I just recently started having headaches. Other than that, I wasn't worried about those at all. I went in there for seemingly unrelated issues and lab work. I mentioned the nodules and he seemed more interested in those than he did anything else I was telling him.

It was actually the radiology tech that informed me that they showed up. She seemed interested as she never seen anything like that before. She allowed me to view the CT scan and showed me exactly where they were. There were quite a few of varying sizes. But she wouldn't tell me any more than that. I've looked up normal ct scans online and they just all seem to look different. I think I have an idea though.

No the Dr is not going to do a follow up. I did ask him why they were growing though and he said that they must have been growing from birth, or some nonsense like that.
Some cysts are there from birth.

Get a copy of the report - that may give you more information as well. You may also benefit from another opinion. Once you have the report, you have an opinion from the radiologist and can use that information to send off to other doctors. At the very least, a dermatologist or plastic surgeon may be consulted about the head being mis-shapen? That does not seem normal to me.

I figured some cyst could be there from birth, i just really doubted this was the case.

I asked for a copy, hopefully they'll send a copy as I requested. Yeah, I didn't think it seemed normal to have a misshapen head either. LOL! So thanks for that input too!