after colloid cyst removal
My Doctor wants to remove a 6mm colloid cyst in the third ventrical in a couple weeks...   I have not been able to find info on what side effects can acure an was hoping someone could describe there experience to me so I might have an Idea what to expect.  Im very nerous about the surgery and hoping for an answer before I go in the beginning of February. Plus My family would like to know what to expect.
I am sorry to hear about your surgery.
Can you please be more specific about what side effects? Do you mean anesthesia, or from the tumor itself or from the surgery? Or what will happen post op?

Has the doctor not outlined specifically the risks or surgery, and told you what to expect? If not, I would get an appointment, or call the nurse at the office and discuss the specifics of your surgery with him/her. There are risks with any surgery but with an experienced surgeon, you should be fine. Anesthesia risks are the same with any surgery so be sure to be frank with the anesthesiologist before your surgery and follow instructions about not eating etc.

Hello, my name is Summer and I had a 10CM colloid cyst removed about 11 months ago. I ended up having two surgeries the first one was to put in 2 ventricks that were to drain the fluid that was built up in my brain. The cyst blocked the part of the brain where spinal fluid is absorbed. I later had the cyst removed, due to the size and location I had to wait in ICU for 8 days in order for the tool and it's specail team to be able to get to me. During that 8 days I felt immediate relief, everything was different. I could smell better, my vision suddenly got worse, and things even tasted different. I was really happy and always upbeat when I was in the hospital. Now and for the last few months, I haven't been so happy. I haven't been myself. I have been moody, up and down. Sometimes my memory is great, sometimes it isn't. I often kid with people who ask me about about the side affects and about the memory loss.. I respond, "The good thing about memory loss is you don't remember what you forgot." I have been really depressed lately. I have had a lot of stressful events, but I don't know how to handle them properly, and I have a very hard making decisions especially with short notice and can't if I feel pressured at all. I'm curious if I'm the only one? It's so frustrating and I try to explain it to people, but it's like I'm repeating myself and no one really seems to understand that it's very real. I would appreciate any feedback.
Have you contacted your doctor about this? There is a specific psychiatrist they have for those post op and with brain disease that may be able help you cope with  the changes and see if they can bring about some improvements.

There may also be some hormones (depending on where your cyst was) that may be lacking so I would go get checked out. I had a much smaller lesion removed on my pituitary and still have issues myself (forget spelling!) and anesthesia has some effects too. You are not alone - but you need specific help with someone that knows what is going on. Reach out to a nurse, doc or social worker in the neurology area and see if they can direct you to a person to get you the help you need. Please let us know when you find the help too!