Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
arachnoid cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

arachnoid cyst

can you help me interpret if this is ok? I have arachnoid cyst within the right middle cranial fossa, anterior to the right temporal lobe measuring 1.6 x 3.0 x 2.0 cm in AP and smaller in the medial aspect of left middle cranial fossa measuring 2.3cm in widest diameter.
That sounds like you typed what was found in a CT or MRI report. However, I don't detect a question?

We get a lot of questions about arachnoid cysts. They can form at birth and some people get large ones with few symptoms and others get small ones with symptoms - it is something like real estate, it can depend a lot on location. If you are having symptoms, they are best removed (not drained) and they are not cancer.

I hope that helps.
I have an arachoid cyst on the fossa and spreaded bround the brain.  I cant see a doctor until Dec. 13 just for a consultation.  This morning I woke up with my face puffy and the vertigo was worse.  The headache is at the point to where I just wanted to lay there and cry.  I have avoided people because my mood swings.  I dont know what to do...medicaid doesnt pay for much but I also dont have a phone.  You will have to reach me at ***@****.  I have to go to the library just to get on the computer to ask for help.  I dont make mush money so any doctor that might be interested in helping might have to come here or fly me there.  I have prayed for help and this is my only hope of relief.  The meds they have given me dont even touch the pain.  Please help,  Thank you for reading this Susan.
The question is canthey come here to help me or canthey bring me there?
This is a patient forum, not a doctor one - so you won't get a doctor response.

Emails are not allowed in posts - it is for your protection (spammers collect them for instance).  Private messages can be used.

If you don't make much money, you can always option an angel flight to get to a good place - and there are places that can help you. Your doctors can send you to a place in network, or they can send you to a larger hospital that accepts charity cases. State hospitals, University Hospitals, cancer hospitals, etc. can be an option for you. I know it seems hopeless and pain makes things more difficult to concentrate and manage details. Do you have a trusted friend or family member to help you manage details to help you get to a treatment center?

Your doctor may have to fax your information far and wide and it may take time. So it does not help that your appointment is not until Dec. and then it will take time to get a surgeon (during a heavy holiday period as well).

Is your PCP managing your case at this time?
I have been complaining about bad headaches, major ringing in my ears, ear pressure, vertigo, nausea and vomiting, at times major hearing loss and very light sensitive.  Just had MRI done. Impressions: Tiny incidental arachnoid cyst of the anterior aspect of the Left middle cranial fossa.  Could this cause any or all of my symptoms?  I just recently found out my little brother has Mienniers.  My dad says my symptoms are normal and don't worry.  Am I crazy and imagining my symptoms or is it real?
It is not only the size of the cyst but the location. So it can sit near or on a nerve, or cause enough mass effect (that is pushing on other tissues) to close off a blood vessel or whatever, just tossing things out there. In other words, you need to not just see the size but location and get another opinion.

It can be unrelated and be hormonal or even something else, but see a doctor. I am a fellow patient.  Let us know how it goes.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
4 mins ago
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Vidhyasrinivasan commented on 6 months after brain ...
Jul 28