badly needs informative help
hi, this is about the case of a very close friend. She is 35 years old who complained of blurring of vixion and right ear deafness March last year. Her CT scan revealed a large slightly hyperdense lobulated mass in the right middle cranial fossa extending to the sella, right cerebellopontine angle and superiorly to the right  frontoparietal region measuring 7.1 x 5.9 x 5.8 cm. Vasogenic edema is noted in the right parietal lobe. Mass effect is noted with midline shift  to the left of about 1.1 cm compressing the right lateral, 3rd and 4th ventricles.
No acute intracranial hemorrhage  nor acute extra-axial fluid accumulation is seen.
The left temporal horn is slightly dilated.
The pons and midbrain are compressed.

Beginning obstructive hydrocephalus.

To date, she is completely blind and deaf on the right ear. I would just like to know, is there a drug available to possible shrink the mass? As they have no source to have her on surgical operation.

Waiting for some info, thank you so much!
This is a patient forum - so as a layman, I cannot give you any definitive information on the report. Any information I give you is pure guess.

In general, to my knowledge, the drugs to reduce a mass like that would be along the lines of chemotherapy. She *probably* has lost vision and hearing due to the mass effect and the location of the tumor - and so why have they not taken action to remove or radiate the tumor?

What do you mean by *no source*?
hello, thank you for taking time to answer me. the time they learned about the tumor, they were in shock and nobody wanted the patient to undergo surgery for two reasons: 1. they find it risky for her, 2. unavailability of resources/funds.
I just recently learned about her situation, so I'm trying to find ways to help. It's been a year, the family and the patient are now (let me say) ready to have her on surgical operation, just that they don't have enough funds. I wish to find a foundation or group, if there are any with big hearts to help her.
Thank you so much.
It is a shame - if they had not waited, she likely would have had a better outcome. When the optic nerve is compressed, it sometimes does not come back.

Often the larger university hospitals, cancer hospitals and state hospitals have charity programs. She should start there. There are mercy flights to get to places - she can get a LOT of help and low or no cost.