Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
blood clot in brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

blood clot in brain

Hi, i need your help. my mother has a brain stroke 5 months ago and we came to know that she has a blood clot in brain. Dr says it would take 6 months. her left hand and arm was affected. she is good and talk with us .but still she can not move her left hand and left leg. sometime unconciously she move a little her left leg and fingers bit. i am very much worry about her. i want to know will she be able to move left leg and hand one day ? we are giveing her blood thicker medicine.if anyone give me any information to improved my mom condation. or tell me any exercise . i would be thankful.
A stroke is a blood clot in the brain. I think you mean blood thinner medicine.

It can take a long time to recover and usually a patient is given physical therapy to move the effected side so the nerves and muscles will not atrophy. If she has not moved in 5 months, she may get some movement back, but she will be very weak for not having used the side for so long.

I would get another opinion and talk to someone about physical therapy and occupational therapy (how to eat, dress etc.).
Thank you for your replay.definately blood thinner medicines.Basically doctors has said us,take her at home and give her medicine and do exercise.we family member move her left arm and leg regulalry that why it is normal.she can move her left leg little bit.i apperciate your answer and any advice will be valueable for me. thanks
You'll want to move her fingers and in normal range of motion (if you're not sure how, you can just look at your own fingers and see how you normally can move them and then move hers the same way).  Also, the same with her wrist- up and down and circular motions.  You want to avoid contractures of the fingers that make them look claw-like because of the shortening and tightening of the things that help fingers to have movement.  You are motivated and this is very good for diligence in doing the exercises with her.  You'll want to do this every day more than once a day.  

You've seen her make unconscious movements- I'd exclaim joyfully over this wonderful news and every time you observe it and encourage her to try and move those parts using her will power every day.