brain tumor or anxiety?
all of this started about a week ago when I started having issues with my new glasses. I got the glasses to see far away but stupidly, I wore them at the computer (where I work at a desk job for 8 hours a day in a poorly lit office). I started seeing almost the after effect of a flash in my right eye only all day long. Gets better when I'm not looking at the computer & got a full eye exam (dialated & everything) and doc said I was fine & she thought she may have made my prescription too strong in that eye & mixing that with eye strain could have caused it. Went o the GP & got blood work done, got my thyroid checked, he did all the physical neuro tests and I passed everything with flying colors. I have been stressing SO badly over this & have always had pretty bad anxiety. I recently started feeling some floating pressure in my head (mainly in the back of the head, temples, and sometimes sinus area) & of course I've been petrified for a week that I have a brain tumor even though when I asked my doc he said he would be completely beyond shocked.. said all of my symptoms come from anxiety. Also, I never really noticed any of these until I started OBSESSING over them. Do I need to settle down or is a CT scan really necessary? Doc said he didn't think it was at all & I'm not having any headaches or problems with muscles or anything like that. I keep waking up at 4am unable to fall back asleep because my mind is RACING! I just need some reassurance. The eye thing is scaring me - could it really be from the glasses? I've only not been wearing them a week.
The eye thing can be retinal fatigue. I know my eyes get goofy - tired, migraines -so many things - no reason to jump straight to a tumor especially if you have seen docs and had exams.
Is there any way to reassure yourself?
would you rather have a CT scan and be reassured, or wait too long to go and find out you do have a tumor and it's too late for something to be done? i too worry i have a tumor, and in the process of finding a neurologist that can see me (no insurance,laid-off). i'm sure you're fine...i have vision trail, nausea, and feel like i'm stoned/foggy headed. not to mention weakness on one side. im sure you're fine