Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
can a brain tumor be missed on a mri

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

can a brain tumor be missed on a mri

I've been having a bad headache for around ten days now and i have started having quite a bit of nausea, slurring, forgetting and skipping words, getting blurry vision and ive been tired all the time , over the days the symptoms have been getting worse. I have had a mri and it came back with nothing unusual, so i was wondering if there could be a mistake or some kind?
also im only twelve years only
*old
For the most part, I only know of pituitary tumors being missed (they tend to be small and/or the radiologist does not look for them) in my best layman knowledge.

At your age, your hormones are changing, and it is possible that you could be developing migraines. So even without a brain tumor, you can have very nasty headaches. The good news is that they can be treated you just have to get the right doctor to find the right set of medications for you - one to prevent them and one for any headache that breaks through.

What has your doctor said?
there is no history of migraines in my family so the doctor didn't think it was but my mums friend is a gp and she thinks that it might be that my nck muscles are tight or something? we're going back to the doctor soon i think
If it is neck muscles, then try a few things to help. Do you have a heating pad? Use that for 20 minutes on and off on your neck to loosen the muscles. You can also look up exercises to gently stretch your neck a bit and try to get in the habit of doing that, especially if you are spending a lot of time on the computer.

I don't know if migraines should be ruled out just on a history... sadly.
It is good that the MRI result is negative and nothing is unusual in your brain. Your headache accompanied with vomiting or nausea maybe a migraine. Maybe you're too nervous that your severe headache is a serious illness.  Try to relax and have regular exercise.  Take lots of fluids, eat fruits and vegetables.
i've been feeling the same for a month now i had a ct scan but all came back fine, hope u start to feel bit better soon :( hang in there