Hi i'm a 24 year old female who has had chronic head aches for years. i could pin point with a texter the exact spot my stabbing pain is coming from. it's been the exact same spot for nearly two years. I've told my doctor but they just said to get my eyes tested, do neck exercises etc and have tried all suggestion. my dad has a celeberal Cavernous hemigoma. The effects are quite severe. I was wondering if this could be genetic? Should I ask my GP to check it out?
There are some that can be genetic. So yes, it may be good to go get a genetic test and some follow up testing. I found this on a website.
"What genes are related to cerebral cavernous malformation?
Mutations in the CCM2, KRIT1, and PDCD10 genes cause cerebral cavernous malformation.
The precise functions of these genes are not fully understood, but they most likely play a role in blood vessel formation (angiogenesis) during embryonic development. They may also play a role in maintaining existing blood vessels. Researchers have not determined how mutations in these genes can lead to the abnormal capillaries characteristic of cerebral cavernous malformations.
Mutations in these three genes account for 70 percent to 80 percent of all cases of familial cerebral cavernous malformations. The remaining 20 percent to 30 percent of cases may be due to unidentified genes or to other unknown causes."
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.