Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
connection with fibroid and pituitary tumour?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

connection with fibroid and pituitary tumour?

Hi I am knew to all of this but just concerned.  I have have just been diagnosed with a fibroid and I am awaiting a hysterectomy.  I also have been having a pressure in my head and nausea.  They have sent me for a CT scan which has shown signs of intracranial hypertension.  I have to wait now to see both gynaecology and neurology.  Does anyone out there think there may be a connection and if so is there anything they can advise me to ask , thanks
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
In your title you mention pituitary tumor, but in your text, I don't see you mention it - what type of pituitary tumor do you have?

I also have had a complex health history with a pituitary tumor and have had a hysterectomy. From what I know, they are not related.

Pituitary tumors are not treated by neurologists.
Blank
Hi thanks for getting back.  I havent been diagnosed with any tumour on my pituitary gland I have only just a CT which showed the intracranial hypertension and a empty pituitary gland which can be caused by tumours so just was wondering if anyone had any connection between thngs going on in the brain and in the womb or is it maybe coincidence.  The Neurologist from Walton sent me for a CT scan and I presume he wants to see me to discuss his findings and a way forward so I was just hoping to be reassured a little :)
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
By empty pituitary tumor - Empty Sella Syndrome?

CTs are useful for some things, but MRIs are better for soft tissue, so I only get MRIs for my pituitary issues. I have partial empty sella.

It is possible to be born with some issues but until you know more, it is hard to comment. If you do have empty sella, you should still find a pituitary center.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
6897718_tn?1386149096
Blank
bymon IS HANGING IN THERE. a litt... Comment