curious about whats involved in diagnosing pituitary disorders
I have had cronic headaches for as long as I remember. Migraines for the last 3 years. I had an MRI in the last 2 years to seek causes. Nothing other than an arachnoid cyst in the posteria fossa was found. It was said not related to my headaches. Over the last 2 years, however after the MRI, I have developed other symptoms. I believe may be related to a pituitary disorder, or possible thyroid disorder. I have an extremly high metabolism, intolerance to cold, vision disturbances, lactation (developed in the last month) increase in hair growth other than my scalp. Disturbance in my menstral cycle, lack of sex drive, my fingernails are yellowing. I am a normal weight and bmi. Constant dull headach, I want to describe as 'chemical' because it is much like the ones I get during my menstral cycle.  My question is when the MRI was done to search causes for previous migraine and headaches, would they have looked into the pituitary area of my brain at the time, or is there a less in depth screening for headaches, as there were no other symptoms at that time. I have an appointment soon to have blood work done, but I am very anxious and concerned.
An arachnoid cyst would cause headaches... so why would that not be ruled as a cause?

As for a brain MRI picking up pituitary lesions - it should, but if the doctor/radiologist is not looking, then it can be missed. There is a specific technique called dynamic where the contrast is given while the person is in the MRI so the uptake is imaged as small lesions show themselves by taking up contrast faster or slower. A normal with/without MRI may miss some smaller lesions.

Blood work is better as it can tell you what the lesion is, rather than if you have one. A lot of docs do not think headaches are a symptom of pituitary issues but it seems that 99% of pit people have headaches, go figure.
what's needed to get diagnosed as not only having a pituitary ehalth problem, but ALSO...havbing doctors recognize this problem?

PERSISTENCE...

also, mris are ONLY as good as the radiologist who reads this...im  a perfect example of this....the last place i got my mri done...i had 2 radiologists read it(one was the brain radiologist) and both dont see the 2mm adenoma i had 1.5 years ago....

however my endos radiologist found it -_-

so pretty much according to them i have none...

same could be happening to you...from my understanding when contrast is administered during a brain scan other tumors turn white if theyre normaL? and i think black if theyre not....

and pit turns black if not normal and white if not? not sure the colors...but point is some radiologists need to reevaluate their 4 years of school
Colors vary depending on the type of scan - some light up fluids, some fat, etc.