Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
dizziness ruined my life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

dizziness ruined my life

Hey everyone. I am an 18 year old female. I have been dizzy, lightheaded, off-balance, kinda like my brain is on a boat for 4 months now. It all started back in November. I felt like i was being pulled to the left and i thought it would go away. It lasted for 2 weeks then i was feeling much better, and happy that it was over. It came back for another two weeks and then went away. Then it came back again and now its constant and it hasnt left me. I feel like the floor is moving, and inside of my head feels like its moving when im not even moving. Laying down, walking, running, working out, i feel it all the time except when i sleep. i dont enjoy anything. i have been so depressed. i ve been crying a lot my mom is worried about me too. I went to ear nose throat doctor and got my ears checked and had eng test. everything was normal. i went to er who gave me anxiety medicine, which didnt help AT ALLLL!! i went to have a blood test everything was normal except my prolactin hormone. it came 30 when its suppposed to be 20. the doctor told me that could be the cause of my dizzines and ordered an MRI with contrast which is tomorrow. i am very scared because apparently a tumor in pituary gland causes prolactin to go up but he said its ttreatable with some strong medicine. i am so scared that i might have another tumor that is causing this i have no headache . i am dizzy all the time and nauseous and i freak out too. i dont know what to do. please answer me i am so scared for tomorrow i dont wana go get my results i am gona send my mom  i hate my life right now when all 18 year old are outside worried about boyfriends, college im thinking of brain tumor! life is not fair help me
i wrote all that yesterday. i got my mri today they gave me a cd im scared to even open it i havent touched it
Find a university center that has a pituitary center. It may or may not be a pituitary tumor. BTW if you don't get a proper pituitary MRI (the technique is called dynamic and it requires skill on the part of the tech) then smaller lesions may not show up.

Thyroid and other hormones can also cause prolactin to go off as well - as well as medications.

Have you been to an ENT as well? You may have the prolactinoma and a separate issue. Usually pit tumors cause period issues, mood and other issues. I know I had some dizzy issues but I was diagnosed with menieres as well.

So you need a decent doctor as in a good pituitary endo, and a good ENT as well. Get copies of your tests and MRI reports.