Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
feeling bad after flying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

feeling bad after flying

Every time when I'm flying I feel totally bad, all my symptoms are exacerbated- fatigue, anxiety, dizziness, insomnia...I wonder if the pressure in the airplane is somehow influencing my prolactinoma and as a reaction a have boosted symptoms. Some similar experiences?
I don't know if it is the pressure - but being around a lot of people and sharing the stale air... I know my immune system is not the greatest so I always take a hit after air travel so I more attribute it to the stress of travel and being around new germs rather than just air pressure?

Maybe others have another experience?
I heard from another lady with prolactinoma who has always bad headache after a travel with the airplane and she is quite sure that the pressure isn't good for the tumor. It could make sense.
Did you ever ask your doctor about it? I know I  have to stress dose for flying for the stress of travel - but nothing was ever said about the pressure except for right after surgery and I just had to wait a few days.
Well, my endo isn't a great help. He thinks a microprolactinoma isn't a trouble at all and isn't causing a lot of symptoms. Even my low libido for him isn't related to prolactinoma, but it's a matter of and long term marriage...
Find another doc - for SURE the libido issue is related to the hormone disruption caused by the little monster in your head. In this case, it is not the size but the hormones the thing is secreting!

I hope you find a decent neuro-endo soon! And send the old one some articles on the emotional effects of pituitary tumors for his education, as he needs it. Endiot....
I already changed four endos and the last one is the best :-/
I'm living in a big city, but it's not a secret that all endo's aren't really good, so I have not much choice...
Totally understand... I have traveled far and wide to get to decent doctors!
Pain Tracker
Pain
Roger_church commented on 6 months after brain ...
DMRobbins0226 commented on My GYN made me mad.
melimeli commented on renae176's status