fitigue after pituitary tumor
SinceI had surgery for a pituitary meningioma, i have a problem with fatigue. No matter how much I sleep or eat or exercise I get so sleepy I have to take a nap. It drives me crazy. My vision was affected by the tumor as well as damage to my third cranial nerve. I wonder if the fatigue is related to the fact that I can't see well and the stress of trying to see where I am walking and worrying about falling. The fatigue bothers me more that anything else. My hormone levels aer all in the normal range with medications and it has been more than 2 years since my surgery.'
Was it a pituitary microadenoma or macroadenoma? I have heard of menigiomas near the pituitary sella as well, so just want to be clear.

How often are they checking your hormones, is your endo a pituitary specialist and do you get copies of the tests? As is demonstrated by another poster here, oh you can certainly be *in range* and feel horrible. The thing is after pituitary surgery, you may still need replacements to be a certain place in the range. Plus you need to make sure that the doctor is testing ALL the hormones that need to be testing as the surgery can knock out more hormones than say, the hormone that was over or under secreted by the tumor. Plus there can be issues with iron, vitamin D and sodium etc etc etc.

Pain does not help. I had my fifth nerve effected so I take topamax aka dopamax and get killer headaches from time to time. It does decrease over time (my surgery was 2004?) Fatigue is still a constant issue with me and I am replaced - I got a neuro-muscular issue after my pituitary issue was uncovered. Have they looked for other auto-immune issues etc?

I do hope you get copies of your tests and get more opinions. It is not worth suffering. Our life is very much changed post-op but you should be on some replacements. Thyroid, growth hormone etc. are common.
Hey there-
I have this too. I need my nap every day. I've just built this into my life. Every day for a few hours I rest. The other option is to increase my hydrocortisone, which I do sometimes if I know that it will be a long day. But even then I still get tired but then I feel edgy and amped. (that's me so I opt for the nap) It's like that meds are not the same as the real deal. And yes, I have nerve damage too with a constant headache.
I think that the rest that i take gives me a little break from it all and I try not to feel guilty about it. I need it
Horselip