Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
glioneuroblastoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

glioneuroblastoma

My sister-in-law was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 27 yrs old - they operated and removed it, except for a tiny bit.  She was cancer free after radiation and chemotherapy for 7 yrs.  It has been back for 2.5 yrs (she's been on the latest chemo and the longest survivor at her hosp.) and now is growing again.  

She is having seizures daily and frequently disorientated for about a month.  She has anti-seizure meds, but doesn'nt always take them.  How do you help her and the family at this point?  Her doctor says to take her to the emergency room, but she is unwilling.  Doesn't really think that there is anything worng.  She has been violent recently striking her 12 yer old daughter in the arm leaving a bruise.  She says inappropriate things.  She sings a lot.

How can I help the family?  Home heath aide...can you suggest something?  Please help us.  We have no where to turn.
-her sister-in -law