Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
head pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

head pressure

I am wondering if anyone would know if this sounds like a tumor. I typically get a headache in the evening and night time. The headache is usually on the left side of my head. More then anything else I have a feeling of constant head pressure. My neck also feels stiff. I have noticed that my memory is worse and I misplace debit cards, car keys. I have noticed that I am out of it half the time. I feel lightheaded and always feel tired even if i sleep ten or more hours a day. I also have had trouble with swallowing things choking on a vitamin pill. I also have noticed a change in how I walk. I dont' know what to do I have been to the doctor, they have said I seem healthy because have normal heart beat, blood pressure, iron level, and cbc tests have been normal. My blood pressure at night time seems to drop at times to the point where i feel like I am going to pass out. I have also noticed my moods have gotten worse becoming more depressed and moody.  Should I go for a mri or not worry about it.
Get a blood pressure machine if you do not have one, and journal your BP at different times of day.

Check you BP too sitting and stanging and laying down, in sequence, - check out POTS on the internet.

Your doc did a very basic check, but that did not cover BP related issues - journal and see if you can go back with evidence and get more testing (like renin and aldosterone and a CMP) and see if you need a tilt table test.

Headaches on one side usually point to migraines - but you really need to get to a doctor that is going to do more of an eval - do you have an option to get to someone else?
I wanted to suggest that you ask your doctor to check your thyroid lab tests. Some of your symptoms sound like you might be low. This is very easy to test for and rule in or out. The swallowing thing, depression, fatigue, needing lows of sleep. Do you feel cold? Have dry skin? get constipated? hair falling out? Those would be other clues that you might be having thyroid probs.
I had a one thyroid test and it came back fine but yes, my feet and hands do feel cold half the time.  I have constant head pressure and neck pain
If you are having a headache every night it is wise to seek out someone who will refer you for further testing. A headache everynight is not normal. Like rumpled said, it usually points to migraines and this is the direction my doctors started going in but somethings were found thru further testing. My headaches also started out coming every night on one side of my head and would thru the night extend to the other side as well. They eventually became day and night for an entire year. The tests I had were first a CT scan, then an mri and an mra. If this has been going on for more than a month or so please feel comfortable requesting further testing.

I saw that you also posted in the aneurysm forum and thought I'd just respond to you here.

All the best
by:jode
For several weeks I have been suffering from headaches and a stiff painful neck on the right rear of my head....around the mastoid bone.
Some days I am unable to function because of  the pain. Others I get by.  I did have a ct scan done about a week ago and am supposed to see an orthopedic specialist in a few days.  They seem to be leaning towards artheritis  and possible spinal surgery.  anyhow I just wondered if any of you are or have experienced the same sort of problem

You might ask about a barium swallow study regarding your choking problem.
okay this is frustrating I had a tsh test done said have high thyroid levels.  I have been hvaving trouble getting to sleep. Head was hurting and was having sensation something was pressing against my right eye. I def get the feeling of head pressure. I would get a mri but not sure if its a waste of my time , but also just got on some medicine for anxiety so maybe is high blood pressure or sinus but this has been going on for awhile, also get dizzy and vision seems fuzzy at times.
Thyroid issues do cover a wide symptom gamut - that being said, dizzy and fuzzy can be ears and sinus (which is better seen with CT) so while you should, IMHO, go ahead and work on the thyroid stuff, maybe see an ear doc and see if he has anything to add.

Eye docs can also look for abnormalities that can show if there are tumors - have you seen one?