Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
is this something to worry about?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

is this something to worry about?

About a month ago I went into the hospital for numbness in the right leg.  I also had visual disturbances in the right eye.  The doctor did an MRI and they found an arachnoid cysts between my cerebellum and visual cortex (on the left side).  They say do to its size there is nothing to worry about; However I feel that do to its location and my symptoms it could very well pose as a threat to my well being. Do arachnoid cysts (like other cysts) grow and shrink?  Should I worry about this?  Could this be a cause of "migrains" and problems with speech that I have endured for many years?  The doctor stated that it was a little bit bigger than a pea.  If its not this, what could cause these generalized symptoms.  My primary doctor suspects MS.  Should this thing be removed?  Thanks:)

Tags: Cyst, eyes, other
I've seen others post on Medhelp about arachnoid cysts - unfortunatley I know nothing about them. You might consider doing a search for recent posts and then sending a note to those specific people. I went to the National Institute Neurological Disorder and Stroke website and they had some information. I think like the pituitary it is important to find a doctor who has experience with what you have. I did read that it depends on the size and location as to whether or not they do anything. Do more research especially if you feel that its location could pose a threat to your well being.

I always found it odd that because what I had was benign that it meant it wasn't a potential threat. Can be difficult to get doctors to understand that these things can grow and push on vital things in your head.

Good luck and keep us posted.