Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
is this something to worry about?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is this something to worry about?

About a month ago I went into the hospital for numbness in the right leg.  I also had visual disturbances in the right eye.  The doctor did an MRI and they found an arachnoid cysts between my cerebellum and visual cortex (on the left side).  They say do to its size there is nothing to worry about; However I feel that do to its location and my symptoms it could very well pose as a threat to my well being. Do arachnoid cysts (like other cysts) grow and shrink?  Should I worry about this?  Could this be a cause of "migrains" and problems with speech that I have endured for many years?  The doctor stated that it was a little bit bigger than a pea.  If its not this, what could cause these generalized symptoms.  My primary doctor suspects MS.  Should this thing be removed?  Thanks:)

Tags: Cyst, eyes, other
Related Discussions
I've seen others post on Medhelp about arachnoid cysts - unfortunatley I know nothing about them. You might consider doing a search for recent posts and then sending a note to those specific people. I went to the National Institute Neurological Disorder and Stroke website and they had some information. I think like the pituitary it is important to find a doctor who has experience with what you have. I did read that it depends on the size and location as to whether or not they do anything. Do more research especially if you feel that its location could pose a threat to your well being.

I always found it odd that because what I had was benign that it meant it wasn't a potential threat. Can be difficult to get doctors to understand that these things can grow and push on vital things in your head.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
Aug 21
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli So I've lost 28 lbs :) Comment
Aug 21
Blank
lynz300000 commented on life after brain tumo...
Aug 20
Top Cancer Answerers
657231_tn?1390151580
Blank
rumpled
Northern, NJ
Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank