Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
late effects of frontal lobe brain tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

My son had a briain tumor when he was 7.  He is now 32, and has serious mental problems, depression, trouble concentrating, etc.  Is there anywhere I can find information on how to recognize and help the problems he is experiencing?
What treatments did he have when he was seven?

Has he had consistent follow up - as in MRIs or CTs, and have they checked for re-growth, necrosis, and other issues?

There can be issues from nerve damage, necrosis from radiation, and just effects from how large the tumor was and if part of the brain were removed...

There are neuro-psychiatrists that can be consulted that know brain disorders and the past effects of tumors. You can contact larger hospitals that treat a lot of brain tumors and get a referral to a doctor.