medulla tumor
Hello again,
               My son was finally seen by a neuro surgeon and it is bleak to say the least..He has a tumor in the medulla that has a misty area around the size of "toonie" surrounding it..The surgeon is taking a wait to see what symptoms develope since they are not sure how long it has been there..He is the18 yr old kid that I mentioned before that has the entire rt side of the body noticably different in size (except) his face. His rt leg is also shorter so he has a shoe insert to offset the difference..A neurological exam did identify a decrease in sensation to that side although my child does not notice any weakness..This surgeon does believe that this tumor is the culprit for the rt sided differences and wishes to follow up with future MRI's since this area is not a particularlly safe area to biopsy..I guess my question to you is what else can I do or watch for??? Is there any particular hospital/surgeon that has a great success rate in doing surgery in this part of the brain...Any help, suggestions or just an educated guess welcomed.
                                     thanks so much again in advance
I did some research and found that some surgeons do operate - I sent you some information.
I could not find information on the effects that your son has.
I hope someone else can chime in as well!