Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
medullary veins
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

medullary veins

My husband just had surgery for Chiari malformantion but is still not feeling right.  He feels like he has medicine.  I  guess way to describe it is  like flu in the head.  Reading back on his CT Scans states that he has mininmal prominent perivascular spaces surounding some of the medullary veins.  Is this anything that he should be concerned about that might be the other cause for his symptoms besides the Chiaris or could this be something completely different.  Please help!!!!
Related Discussions
657231_tn?1390151580
How long ago was his surgery?
It sounds recent - and there may be some swelling - talk to the doctors and find out if his symptoms are typical and how long they are expected to last.

As for the CT, the slightly larger perivascular spaces surrounding some of the medullary veins - I looked it up and it just means there is a lot of blood flow so the spaces enlarged a little. You have to ask the doctor if this is significant. Was this put in the body of the report or the summary?

Let us know the follow up.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank