Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
pituitary lesion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

pituitary lesion

I was told that I have a pituitary lesion (found on mri of neck that they did for other reasons) and they need to do a mri of my pituitary to find out if its a cyst or tumor.  I can't get in for the mri until 2 1/2 weeks from now and my f/u appoint is in 3 1/2 weeks.  How concerned should I be?  I keep calling to see if an appoint for mri is open sooner, but so far no luck.  Do I have to wait 3 1/2 weeks to find out what this is?  Causing me to be a little anxious.
I would instead look for a pituitary center. If you go to a pituitary center, you will get a proper pituitary MRI whereas if you go to a regular center, some do it correctly, some do not and it actually requires some skill to do it correctly.

MRI is somewhat important for pituitary diagnosis but that only tells you that a lesion is there, not what it is - so you really need lab testing and for that, you need a pituitary center and a neuro-endo. Find a university center or larger hospital and find an endo that is experienced. Typically if they treat a lot of diabetes, this is NOT the place. You should get a doctor that does a LOT of testing and asks a lot of questions to determine the lesion and the course of treatment - as some may only need to be watched, some need meds, some need surgery.

So you need a proper doctor to help you. There are links in the health pages to help you!