Aa
A
A
Close
pressure, lightheadedness, dizzy, black spots
Hello, for the past few weeks I have had increasingly horrible pressure in my head.  If started off as a feeling like after you've been laying in bed all day and just got up. As the days went on it became okay and I was able to function normally for a day- it all started on a Friday and I was fine Tuesday the week after(11days). On Wednesday I took a  bus trip to NYC which is about 4 hours away. I suffer from severe motion sickness, but after taking medication I was fine on the way there. Roughly 3 hours after arriving I started feeling very light headed and very dizzy. I got back on the bus 3 hours after that and proceeded to vomit for the 4 hour bus trip home.  I find this strange due to the fact that I did not feel sick at all on the way to NYC. when I arrived home I still felt very light headed and naueaus- which is how I feel when I am in a vehicle.  However I could not sleep that night due to how sick I felt. I missed school on Thursday and Friday because I was not feeling any better. Thursday I felt very dizzy when I stood, or even move my head/eyes too quickly. And the same on Friday. That night I felt I wad getting slightly better and Saturday I went to my friends house, however driving made me very nauseous which is again strange because I've never felt sick whilst driving. Sunday I went to church and felt light headed and dizzy so I went home immediately after. I felt the way I did Thursday for the remainder of the day. Now it is Monday and I went to school feeling pressure behind my eyes and very light headed. I fell twice before 1030 due to my dizziness and when I stand I momentarily black out. My right ARM has been shaky all day  and I can't seem to focus on anything. My ears are very static- y and head feels very cloudy.  There is a lot of pressure behind my eyes. I went to the hospital today and the following has been ruled out:
-allergies
-changes in medication
-migranes
-dehydration

We are waiting for my blood work to see if it could possibly be mono. I also have an appointment to get an MRI.

I am 17 and female. A vegetarian. I have no allergies. I have had no serious surgeries in the last few months. I am worried that there may be something serious wrong with me. Please help.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
You are doing the exact right thing - you are seeing the doctor. The doctor is ruling things out from the most common and going down the line.

It could be an ear ailment - from vertigo to one of the issues that causes fullness and dizziness - they can vary a lot. So adding an ENT to the mix may help a lot as well. The MRI will be helpful.

Do let us know how things go - but the blood testing and MRI are what you need and hope you find answers soon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Darleenl commented on 6 months after brain ...
Dec 06
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Nov 22
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on Hollus's status
Nov 09
Top Cancer Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank