Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
searing sharp pain in the area of cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

searing sharp pain in the area of cyst

oh my goodness does this hurt. i'm having intermittent searing sharp pains shooting thru the top of the right side of my brain. thats where my 2cm cyst is located. it feels absolutely horrible and horrifying at the same time. while its happening my right eye keep twitching and i feel like i'm gonna pass out. plus during the searing pain i get nauseous like i'm gonna throw up. any advice would be appreciated!
Seek medical attention - any sudden changes would mean that you need to see a doctor.
well i went to the hospital and they claimed i was having a migrain on one side of my head. stupid. they did say my cyst was probably hitting a nerve.
Did you get anything for pain relief?

That is classic migraine though, pain on one side, wanting to throw up, effecting the eye, etc. but I hope they checked you out.
they did a migraine protocal while i was there which consisted of nubain,benedryl and an ant nauseous med thru i.v.! but no they did not send me home with anything so i'm pretty scared of it starting again.
They won't send you home with anything - they are not your docs - you have to get to your doc and get something now. The ER docs are just for emergency, not regular care.