symptoms after craniotomy
I had a middle fossa craniotomy 18 days ago and have had a few complications that have cleared up while on prednisone.  About 4 days ago I started having pretty strong headaches on the craniotomy side....they are manageable but wondered if that is to be expected.  But what is really concerning me is that yesterday i felt/heard a fairly high pitched pop in my left ear and immediately after that and without a break I have had a rhythmic "ding" in my ear.  My craniotomy was for superier canal dehiscence syndrome...during which they found considerable tegmen defects which they also corrected.  I am so new to this and do not really know what is to be expected and what should be considered worrisome.  My eye finally blinks again and my smile is almost back and today is my first day back at work.  I truly appreciated any insight or feedback.  Thanks.
Hi! I am sorry I do not know how to help you but hopefully someone will come along that can help you out. Have you contacted your doctors office to tell them what you are experiencing. Are you taking it easy and allowing plenty of time to heal? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The best advice I could give is to call your doctors office espcially if you've never experienced this pop before.
hi ! i had a crainotimy in 06 for a pit tumor.i did get very bad headaches and still do. i rember the one thing that scared me was the swelling in my face eye and temple area. i had a little numbness on my face. i had alot of pain and pressure,no pop or ding. i would call and report anything that is different or odd to your surgon. i called mine about 2 times the first week. congrats on getting back to work but take it easy, take care of yourself.