testing...
I am currently doing a high dose dexamethasone test. I am letting you know as it surely is effecting my personality as well as my sleep so I may respond uh, differently...

The thought behind this test is to see if my elevated ACTH is suppressible at all so then the doctor can decide if there is a level of corticosteroid that can be used to keep it down while not giving me Cushing's or if I do not suppress, then I have to consider radiation which is something I really really don't want to do as I don't have a defined target and they would have to cover a fairly large area from my pituitary to my clivus.

Last time I took a dex test, my ACTH went down to less than zero, but so far on just regular normal doses, I have not been able to get down to even a normal dose even for a post-BLA patient.

So I am a hopped up, cranky person... my husband is so so unhappy. Poor guy.
Hi Rumpled.
good luck on ur testing!!! It bites that u might have to have radiation, ESP with no target? Man I wish they could find where all this ACTH is coming from. I return from vacation in a few days and will try to pitch in a bit more if that might help. the many moods of a pit patient. a few friends have nicknamed me Sybil. luckily I give it right back to them and keep my humor. WE all have our dents and dings......
Xo Horsey
I wish you the best of luck !
I still want them to check out the thing on my lung better before they zap my head... nothing is ever easy!

Sybil - ha ha... that is at least a decent name. I was texting my hubs and the phone went nuts and sent him all my texts 3x, so he thought I was doing it due to my steroid-induced haze... at least that time it was not me LOL...

Thanks!