Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
update on seizure spealist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

update on seizure spealist

i went to my seizure spealist today. i gota lot to think about till this thursday and want any imput. my seizure spealist wants to put me in the hospital from 2-4 days and have seizure induced eegs. im little on edge on that because i would be alone. my sspealist wants me to think about having a vns implanted and told me it was mri safe. i really wanted that done before and was told i couldent have mris just 3 years ago. i was told my seizures will only get worse . i go for my mri and my neurosurgeon thursday to find out what treatment im gona have. my spealist is going to get with my neurosurgeon and they are gona see if i have leasions to be removed that could make me have seizures . i have been told many times i have no leasions that point to seizures and i dont want to risk the surgery of taking out pieces of my brain to give me 50% chance of being seizure free and 99% chance of more damage.my seizures start deep in the brain and spread all over . im really excited about maybe gettin the vns implant but dont want to risk never getting my mris . i will ask the mri tech thursday about the implant and risk but need imput on all this. im a little overwhelmed now . anyone had this done and had mris ,just want some ideas before thursday. thanks
Did you get a brochure on the implant?  You should be able to go to the manufacturer's site and see if there is metal etc. and if the specs say it is MRI safe.

I feel so bad for you - it seems it is bad after bad - you need a break.