what get rid of brest discharge after i hade a pituitary tumor removed
I hade breast discharge befor i found out it was cause from a pituatary tumor that i had, i had surgery to
Remove the pituatary tumor. And still have leakage from my breast, i went to the doctor for a breast exame the doctor said my breast  are ok, how can i get rid of the leakage, and does cabergoline get rid of the leakage for good if so how long do i have to take the meds befor it goes away completely? And is there any thing eles that stops the leakage?
When did you have the surgery? How large was the tumor and was it totally removed?

Did it grow back? That can happen? Once a pituitary patient, always one, so you have to go back for blood tests and MRIs regularly at least for a while, and then blood tests forever to know all is well.

You may have to go back on the meds. Are you being treated by a neuro-endo? Did you have a super experienced surgeon? Are  you on other meds post-op (often thyroid and cortisol)?

Depending on the country, there are other medications, or you may need another surgery - actually meds are tried until it cannot possible work and surgery is a last resort for prolactinoma unless huge but even then they use the meds to reduce size. Meds can take a while to work and dosages have to be adjusted - you need a GREAT doctor - a neuro-endo. There could be other issues.
It was totaly removed, i was told that it was not that big and yes i am being treat by the neuro, but they gave me some meds but they told me that i realy dont need them, but i went like 6 month with out they but i still have discharge, but it looks like i gotaa go back, caus
It was totaly removed, i was told that it was not that big and yes i am being treat by the neuro, but they gave me some meds but they told me that i realy dont need them, but i went like 6 month with out they but i still have discharge, but it looks like i gotaa go back, cause i know thats not normal. The surgon i was told was realy experience and hes the top sergion in los angeles medical center for pituitary removal sergon.
By a neuro? Neurologists don't normally treat pituitary disorders - endocrinologists do... and the fact that you still have symptoms mean that something is still up. I hope you mean neuro-endo.

I would seek out a qualified endo at the LA hospital where you had the surgery and get another opinion.

You do need to go back. Sadly, even if the doc does think the tumor was removed, sometimes they do grow back. Why did you have surgery instead of just using medications? Did medications not work at all?
Thank u for answering my question it was realy helpful and i will certainly go back
Please keep us posted on your progress!
Ok, i will keep u all posted
Ok, i will keep u all posted