Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
will i get brain tumor from my head ct scan please i cant even sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

im in a lot of anxiety since i got my contrast head ct scan 10 days ago to look if there is a brain tumor it was clear

but since that im in a lot of anxiety thinking that i will get brain tumor from that ct scan because i keep read on the net that people who get ct scan of head will get brain tumor in future even my friends told me that this ct scan will put me on high risk for brain tumor in future

the anxiety make s me lost everything even my job

1-do you thing i will get brain tumor from that contrast ct scan

2-do you thing maybe the man who control the ct machine in the hospital maybe by wrong gave me more Radiation than its allow for head by wrong or when its a scan for head the computer will control the radition

3-my doctor told me dont worry you will recive 4 times more rediation if you was on airplane
even the pilot and hes alright

please im sorry for these too many questions but please you dont khnow what anxiety doing with me

im 24 years old its my first ct scan in my life
1. No. It takes a LOT more exposure. Do you know you get the same exposure from flying on a plane?
2. No. The machines are calibrated, and checked
3. Ah - see!

If you google "radiation calculator" you can find a way to tell how much you have been exposed too and what your risk is and set your mind at ease.

I have had many, many CT scans - and X-rays etc. - I am fine!
No you will not....!!! I have had so many ct scans/mri/x-rays since I was 23yrs old. Now 40 & just fine....
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
25 mins ago
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on photo