Brain Tumor International Expert Forum
Brain Tumor Question Here ?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Brain Tumor Question Here ?

Hello my name is Travis. I' am a 28 year old male very active with exercise, sports, and eat very well. I have no history with brain tumors in my family, both sides. I have pretty bad allergies though, post nasal drip, constant plugged up nose, sneezing, sometimes watery eyes, etc.. Back in early February 2010 I had some slight tingly, low grade pins and needles in left foot and left hand. Also it sometimes went into my right foot just a little bit. Also I feel a little off, lightheadedness, I'm not falling over or stumbling, just that. Also low grade forehead headaches, come a go a few of them, possible from allergies..I went to see my main doctor in early March 2010 and told him, he ran 7 blood tsts on be including B12 deficiency. The complete exam :blood work, urine: all came back 110% Fine..everything was normal and great. Throughout Feb the tingling, pin/needles comes and goes, with lighheadedness around as well, I have no bad headaches, vomiting, seizures, or falling over.. So from the last week until now I have the tingling and pins..from 1 to 10 it would be a 2 or 3, not bad..and for the past week now my left calve has been feeling sore/fatigued/dull...I play around 11 hours of medium paces high tennis a week, and very active... So yesterday I seen a Neurologist and the physical exam he gave me, he said was 100% normal with sensation testing, balance, and eye movements, etc..my strength in arms and legs were good as well. He said it might be a nerve in arm and or leg...He is sending me for a MRI next week..He told me if he was a betting man he said it will be normal... What do you think the outcome will be??? What do you think on the MRI outcome in your mind? thanks for your time!!!
Dear Friend,
Many thanks for the question. And you are the first one in this forum.
As far as your main concern, i will answer in 2 scenarios -
1) MRI comes normal -  Just forget all the things and concentrate on your job / family. 90% chances are of this.

2) MRI shown some spots / small lesions - We need to discuss it further. It can be due to MS /ALS, for which the treatment needs to be discussed as per the reports . I will not like to discuss this aspect more, as it constitutes only 10% probability.And we got no proof for the same.

Feel free to discuss more.
Regards.
  I forgot one other thing here. I had a complete eye exam last week and the doctor said I had 20/20 and my eyes were good with no problems. He looked behind the eye and said everything was clear....
Dear Doctor, Does having a excellent eye exam with no optic nerve swelling a good sign as well? Thanks
Hmmm..yes it's an excellent sign.
  I thank you for your honest opinion. What are the odds of Brain tumor in people?
  Also if someone had a brain tumor would they stand the ability to be very active?? I played tennis over this past weekend Sat and Sun each day for 4 hours non-stop practically, intensity from 1 to 10 with 10 being hardest, me and my girlfriend play around 4 to 5..still intense, and very straining, heart pumps fast.
Yes, if all is ok, then no effect on the physical activity
  Can you explain your response again, I somewhat do not understand what you meant? "no effect on activity/ all is ok" ?? Thank you
I meant that if you are able to continue your activity normally, no need to worry...
I think if you analyze these minute details too much, it can effect you at subconscious level
  I am happy to say Thank God I had a clear brain MRI with and without contrast.. I feel wonderful now.. thank you for your help God bless!!!
Doctor,

I do have a menigoma of the left frontal lobe.  When this was discovered, I was having what seemed to be a TIA and have had several more eposides.  This turmor has been watched for over a year now and hasn't changed in size.  I do have headaches on that side.  They are calling them miagraines, but without all the symptoms of a miagraine.  Here's the question.  I have severe leg weakness, gait disturbances and tremors.  My last MRI showed "white spots".  I don't know what that is indicative of.  I recently moved and don't have a doctor.  And the doctor I was seeing wouldn't comment on it.  At first, I was being treated for "Parkinsons", for a year and a half.  The treatment didn't help.  Then they thought I had "multiple system atrophy".  Went to Mayo and found out I have Dysautonomia (POTS Syndrome) and Ehlers Danlos.  This explained allot.  But I still feel that some of my issues are related to the menigioma and the white spots are a new thing.  I'm also having the start of some neuropathy in my legs and feet.
Would be able to answer it as a new post. Request you to do the same.
Regards.
Okay, sorry.  Not quite sure how to use this forum.  Working on the CC. Have to ask later.  Keep me in mind for that at a later date.  Thanks!!!
Friend, you need to post as a new question as the question was asked my armani328
Yes, I understood what I needed to do.  There is a fee for a question and I would have to use the CC (credit card).  I don't need to do a charge right now.  So, I'll have to wait to ask you later.  I realized, that it couldn't be asked in the same question as armani328 and needed to be a seperate question with your request.  Hoping for you to have great sucess with this forum!  Your services will surely be greatly appreciated by many.
Suffering sever left temple headaches for two weeks. had tmj problems in the past. jaw pops and clicks. worried this could be something for serious than tmj. or could it be tmj.?? help please
do i have sinus or brain tumor

my symptoms are
heaviness in head when bent down
headaches at the the back of ma head for 2 days or so once in amonth or so
cough lot in the night
unable to concentrate plzz help me im a student i dont have a credit card
so plzz answer my question plzzzz
i also have dizziness