Brain Tumors Expert Forum
Brain Abnormality? What is this??

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

Brain Abnormality? What is this??

I'm a 27yr old male who in June had a MRI that revealed a left occipital lesion. Diagnostic possibilities differed from a low-grade glioma to a demyelinating lesion. Since then I had a MRI a month later that showed no change. My doctor is out of MassGeneral and he is inclined to think that it is a developmental abnormality that I was probably born with and I must be vigilant the rest of my life, but he thinks it won't change. Can developmental abnormalities be confused w/tumors? I feel that I have a pressure in the top of my head, going down through my ears and throat. Prickly pins and needles and constant foggy/heavy headed feeling. Doctor thinks it is nerves, i'm not convinced. Can a left occiptal lesion cause pain and pressure in my Right ear? Can I get a second opinion better than MassGeneral? My doctor also said it wasn't big enough to cause pressure in my head, but I feel it. I scheduled for another MRI in 10 weeks, should I wait or seek another opinion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Being told you have something in your head can be very stressful to handle.  In general, watchful waiting can be a good option when you weigh the possibilities/risks of surgery.  It is always reasonable to get a second opinion to get the most information.