Brain Tumors Expert Forum
Brain Abnormality? What is this??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Brain Abnormality? What is this??

I'm a 27yr old male who in June had a MRI that revealed a left occipital lesion. Diagnostic possibilities differed from a low-grade glioma to a demyelinating lesion. Since then I had a MRI a month later that showed no change. My doctor is out of MassGeneral and he is inclined to think that it is a developmental abnormality that I was probably born with and I must be vigilant the rest of my life, but he thinks it won't change. Can developmental abnormalities be confused w/tumors? I feel that I have a pressure in the top of my head, going down through my ears and throat. Prickly pins and needles and constant foggy/heavy headed feeling. Doctor thinks it is nerves, i'm not convinced. Can a left occiptal lesion cause pain and pressure in my Right ear? Can I get a second opinion better than MassGeneral? My doctor also said it wasn't big enough to cause pressure in my head, but I feel it. I scheduled for another MRI in 10 weeks, should I wait or seek another opinion? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.