Brain Tumors Expert Forum
Colloid cyst in Brain

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

Colloid cyst in Brain

I  am 31 yrs old.I had  severe headache,so I went to a Neurologist .He advised me to take a CT scan.He has diagnonsed it as "colloid cyst in third-ventricule of the brain,with obstructive hydrocephalus" and advised me to go for a surgery immediately.A Neuro Surgeon had performed a surgery on 19.05.2008(Right Transcortical Approach and Near total Excision of Sol)
There was CSF league after discharge from hospital.Dr say this is due to post operative one.So stiches are made in the leakage.Now i am fine.

I have a son of 1.5 yrs old.I am afraid will this colloid cyst will exist in my son.
Is Colloid cyst a heridary one?

Will it cause a problem to me in the future?
In general, colloid cysts are not hereditary.
I had a colloid cyst removed from my head in November 2006.  Since that time I have found that I am not able to do the same intellectual things that I used to be able to and  I get very depressed alot because I do not seem to be accomplishing my goals.  Also it seems as though the friends that I used to have do not to understand me or they just don't care any more. I feel like I am someone new trapped in my same body. Is this all normal or is there something wrong with me?  What can I do to improve this?