Brain Tumors Expert Forum
Complex Pineal Cyst - how to treat? same as tumor?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Complex Pineal Cyst - how to treat? same as tumor?
1 cm (centimeter) Complex Pineal Cyst confirmed by one year repeat MRI, no change in size over one year; does not take up Gadolinium.

Is a Complex Pineal Cyst a brain tumor?
What symptoms could this kind and size of cyst cause?
What treatment methods are available, and how would I choose?

Thank you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
515563 tn?1225394668
In general, pineal cysts are benign lesions and studies suggest that as much as 25% of the population have them.  As a result most people don't recommend treatment for them if they're not changing.  However, keeping a close eye on them to make sure they're not growing after they're first diagnosed is a good thing!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
my daughter has been with            headaches for the past        two    years.               Just have an           MRI         done,   showed a7mm     pineal cyst.                   Who shoul I          consut first?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now