Brain Tumors Expert Forum
What the heck is wrong with me?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

What the heck is wrong with me?

I’m a 31yo male. Started having panic attacks 2 years ago. A month ago, got an abscessed tooth infection. Had that taken care of but then I started feeling weird things along the right side of my head (same side as the tooth). I asked the dentist if it was possible the infection spread up into my head or brain & he said no. The sensations feel like a constant dull pressure sitting on the top right side. It tingles a little & sore to the touch. I started having panic attacks again & I'm a mess. Went to hospital last week, had a CT scan on my head, results were normal. They gave me pain meds which haven't worked. Started feeling quick twangs starting at the top and shooting down the back right side of my head. Not really painful, just annoying. My head started feeling hot, making me feel feverish, but I take my temp. and it's normal. Started to feel dizzy, ringing in my right ear & nausea (but no vomiting). Thought maybe these were side effects of the pain meds. I went to my regular doctor 2 days ago and he said it is all anxiety. I thought perhaps ear infection but he looked in my ear & said it's fine. Today I felt the sharp twangs again but more intense & they occurred more frequently. The dullness is still present & starting to get regular headaches in my temples. The worst part of all this is I don’t have medical insurance. I don't want to keep going back to doctors and hospitals but I find it hard to buy that all these symptoms are just stress & anxiety. I can't afford all of this stuff! I've dealt with anxiety and panic for 2 years now and I'm familiar with what comes along with it. But these new things bring it to a whole new level. It drives me crazy to keep wanting to check myself out but then I think...one day something is going to be really wrong with me but I'm just going to dismiss it as anxiety and then I wouldn't have caught it in time. Can anyone relate to these things and/or offer me any advice? It's getting very difficult to make it through the day.
It sounds like you're going though a great deal.  I will send your comments to our neurologists to see if they can help.
FYI... I was miss diagnosed for over 2 years with "anxiety attacks", which turned out to be complex partial seizures.
Every time i visit my doctor with various symptoms I am always told it is anxiety/panic attacks. I have been given antidepressants which dont seem to have any effect. The pain in my head some days is very severe, it makes me feel dizzy and nauseaus. I keep experiencing sharp, stabbing pains, and lately my vision has become blurry. I also wondered whether it was an ear infection as I could feel a sort of dripping inside my ear and I felt rather hot. Doctor said my temperature was slightly raised ( it has been for 3 months) but said my ears looked fine. I can relate to what you are saying because I have so many symptoms but no-one seems to know what the problem is.