Brain Tumors Expert Forum
Xanthogranuloma lesion on parietal lobe - questions

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

I'm new here. I just found out via a CT scan in the emergency that I have a xanthogranuloma lesion on top of my left parietal lobe. I found out about the lesion after having a seizure due to Wellbutrin.

I am scheduled to go to a specialist to have an MRI in a few weeks to obtain more detail about my condition and I'm scared (the CT scan also showed some other very small roundish bubble shaped formations dotting my brain surface only on my left frontal lobe - I am terrified at the prospect of what those might be). The right side of my brain is perfectly normal. All of the problems are on the left side (I am left handed by the way and went through serious emotional and verbal abuse as a child due to a schizophrenic mother - she demanded complete perfection - and an absentee father.  My mother also thought it a great idea to start giving her 8 year old child hair relaxers, which I also suspect was not a good idea with regard to health..)

During my childhood and adulthood, I suffered from a plethora of brain lesion symptoms. I had severe problems paying attention in class, nausea, impulsiveness, problems understanding spoken instructions, migraines, headaches, mood swings, and worst of all depression. My mother was asked by the school to take me for an MRI or CT scan when I was 14 and she did not do it. She just continued abusing me (verbally and physically), in addition to bullying me; all three of these disciplinary efforts were a daily routine and they charred my soul in ways you could not imagine.

Has anyone ever heard of severe abuse causing a brain lesion, tumor, or disorder? In addition, given that all the difficulties in my brain are on my left side, involving two different loves - how difficult will it be for all of them to be removed? Would each lobe have to be separated on individually or can both be operated on simultaneously?
Dear Friend,
Abuse doesn't lead to formation of the lesion.
This may be due to "Idiopathic" reason and hence don't think too much about the real reason, for the present condition.
Regarding the fact that, how would the lobe be removed, it would be difficult to tell presently as the full consultation is not yet over. There can be a possibility of not removing the lesion at all also. Hence don't think presently about how will the doctor's address this issue.
Just go for the check up, as a routine planned consultation and then we shall have a re-discussion, post your consultation.
Remove all the thoughts of the abuse, which you had faced in your childhood.
Regards