Brain Tumors Expert Forum
brain tumor

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

brain tumor
In March this year I was told I have a tumor on the left side of the brain. I had my 1st stroke at 28 yrs old with resulting ptosis in the left eye. In 1983 surg. on right renal cyst at last moment very tramatic. Lower lumbar parac. cyst and both breast non-cancererous. I have stare seizures and one stroke causing inability to say what I was thinking. In August another MRI to see if brain tumor is growing. I am allergic to IVP dye and am a bit worried about any dye! What more should I expect?
It sounds like you have been through a great deal.  In general, young patients who have had multiple cysts should be evaluated by a geneticist so that he/she can help you plan/anticipate.
My mother recently died bc of brain tumour ..she had malignancy in breast two years back and her one breast was removed ...before the death she got cysts at various places of her body and finally in the barin and than she died...bfore getting these cysts she was extremely worried bc of some family problems...#
now i m worried tht has she taken any thing so much personally tht she suffered from ths problem..is it true tht too much worries results in brain tumour or tht was her cancer in the breast which reached to the barin?????????plz reply
and dont ignore my question..

Hi Margate,

Worry and taking things personally does not cause the brain tumor.  

It is likely that the tumor was from the breast that reached the brain.  This is called metastases (when the original cancer spreads and results in other tumors) and also explains the other cysts that she had.

Sorry about the loss of your mother.  It is very difficult to see someone you love pass away like that.
I am 6 weeks post op from neurosurgery to remove a trigeminal neuroma, size was 4 cm by 3 by 2.  I am doing very well, no complications.  My hearing is still intact and although I have slight facial weakness, it is not noticeable to anyone but me.  I do however, have tingling, burning and other sensations, along with numbness, that I know are due to trigeminal damage.  They had to scrape the tumor off of the nerve but left the nerve intact.  I can deal with this during the day, but by evening it crosses the threshold from uncomfortable to painful.  I'm wondering if the nerve is trying to repair itself or if I am stuck with this forever?  I can't tell if I've gotten any feeling back but I do think there has been a very small improvement.  It seems as if the third (lowest) branch of the nerve is the most affected.  
Thanks,
MAlegant
A related discussion, foot numbness after meningioma surgery was started.