Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Breast Cancer mets to Ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Breast Cancer mets to Ovary

I would love to hear from others that have had breast cancer that spread to the ovaries. I had a profalactic (sp?) hysterectomy on May 2 and they found that breast cancer had spread to my left ovary. I have been a breast cancer survivor for 2 years and was on tamoxifen. My Onc has me on Aromasin for 5 years. No chemo, no other treatment. She said they caught it early.

I am wondering if there is anyone that can tell me about their similar experience?

Thanks so much!

Linda
I hae Stage 4 BC with Mets to the bones only - or at least that is what I thought before I decided to have my ovaries removed.  My cancer is Estrogen + so I figured I did not need the ovaries anymore.  My onc said it was up to me - he didn't really see a need for it.  My Gyn agree to do it laproscopically and discovered that the right ovary was full of breast cancer.  They could not get at the left bcause of scar tissue from a previous surgery (hissy 10 years ago) but the scar tissue in that area also showed signs of BC.

Now after the fact the onc is happy that they discovered the ovaries were full of cancer.  It did not change my treatment at all.  It might in the future since it is in soft tissue compared to hte hard of bones.  

I wish you luck -   Let me now if I can give you any more info.

Terri

I have the same question only mine is if it is possible to have Ovarian cancer with mets to the breast?? In oct 07 i began have vauge pelvic cramping not a lot just once in awhile a little twinge. along with that also had increasing uraniay changes like having to pee every twenty minutes sometimes... I aslo had a really bad lower backache so went in for a d&c in april because of hyperplaisa and fibriods and a pylop removed. After the sugery the backache went away but the bleeding and right side pain never did go away. I also began to feel not hungery and couldn't eat very much at a time because my stomach just would ache after eating...  In may had a ca 125 done it was normal but by the 10th of june went to dr with a lump on my right breast biopsey showed right breast and axel nodes cancer and left axel nodes and breast precancer. The pain in my pelvis became way way worse after the appeance of the breast mass. I take two oxycondone every 4 hours now till the surgery also take lexapro. I thought I read somewhere that Ovarian cancer can show up in the breasts and would be at an advanced stage by that time. i don't know but ovaries and breasts are very much connected in the homonal thing....
I had surgery on the 29th of July and was happy to find out that things were ok as far as the pelvis area was concerned as that was bad with a fibriod uterus and a binign cyst on my right ovary that was all stuck together with adheasions and a fibriod that popped out of the back side of the uterus all was causing the extreme right side pain. I also had a bilatteral mastectomy with cancer and had 13 lymp nodes removed on the right side...
I meet with the cancer drs on the 12th of this month so will find out more then...just glad to be better then i was before...
I discovered a lump in my breast in oct 2012, went in and had it removed and found out it was triple negative breast cancer.  During all the preparation for the surgery, I had a ct scan which showed a mass on my ovary, doctors all thought it was fibroids.  Had the davinci hysterectomy done only to find out that both ovaries, fallopian tubes ect were covered in breast cancer also.  I had 4 rounds of adrymiacin and 4 rounds of taxol and have been in remission since.  I havent found anyone that shares my type of cancer, it was kind of a relief to read your story and know I'm not alone.