Can this be ignored?
I was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer in 2007.  I had 33 lymph nodes removed, 7 of which were positive.  I have had lymphedema in my left arm since 2008.  I have noticed a knot on top of my shoulder near my neck, above my collar bone on my left side.  It is about the size of a ping pong ball.  I have asked my oncologist if this is a lymph node or just the swelling moving higher, but I never get a straight answer, just a "hmmm..."  It concerns me that this could be a problem being ignored.  Any suggestions?
My sister had one of those and it ended up being non hodgkins lymphoma, stage 4. After chemo she is cancer free.

Regardless of what it is, as a survivor they should never ignore anything like that, period.

I'd tell them to refer you to a doctor who is willing to check this out since they haven't.

Best wishes. Here's hoping that it's nothing at all.