Confused, FibroAdenoma

Hi, I have 2.3cm FibroAdenoma on my left breast and my breast surgen left a choice to me whether to go for the removal of the lump or to keep it and observe. I prefer to go for the removal of the fibroadenoma. But I do see some postings saying that removing it might take some of the breast tissue and this might cause cancer. And if I keep it, that also leads to Cancer. Now I'm very confused. Please let me know what I should do.

Thank You.
Hi.
How are you doing?
Honestly, I have not encountered any readings on removing a part of the breast tissue and breast cancer causality, nor a fibroadenoma leading to cancer as this is not a premalignant lesion.  Perhaps you can provide an internet link for review/analysis.
If you have doubts regarding the procedure that is to be done on you, you should always tell this to your doctor.  He/she is in the best position to answer all your questions.
Take care.
i have fibroadenoma, i have 2 mass on my left breast..although my doctor said its a fibroadenona i still worries because we have a cancer history in the family..what should i do?
I would suggest you start a new thread for your question. When you post a question at the end of someone else's old thread, it can be easily overlooked by people who assume you are just adding an additional reply to the old question.

Also, I would suggest, based on the type of problem you are having, that you post in the Breast  Cancer Community Forum, which is much more active and deals will a variety of breast issues, rather than this forum which is designed more for people with Stage 3 or Stage 4 breast cancer. Click on the link beleow to go to that forum, then click on the green box at the top that says "post a question."

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Breast-Cancer/show/54