Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Confused, FibroAdenoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Confused, FibroAdenoma

Hi, I have 2.3cm FibroAdenoma on my left breast and my breast surgen left a choice to me whether to go for the removal of the lump or to keep it and observe. I prefer to go for the removal of the fibroadenoma. But I do see some postings saying that removing it might take some of the breast tissue and this might cause cancer. And if I keep it, that also leads to Cancer. Now I'm very confused. Please let me know what I should do.

Thank You.
Hi.
How are you doing?
Honestly, I have not encountered any readings on removing a part of the breast tissue and breast cancer causality, nor a fibroadenoma leading to cancer as this is not a premalignant lesion.  Perhaps you can provide an internet link for review/analysis.
If you have doubts regarding the procedure that is to be done on you, you should always tell this to your doctor.  He/she is in the best position to answer all your questions.
Take care.
i have fibroadenoma, i have 2 mass on my left breast..although my doctor said its a fibroadenona i still worries because we have a cancer history in the family..what should i do?
I would suggest you start a new thread for your question. When you post a question at the end of someone else's old thread, it can be easily overlooked by people who assume you are just adding an additional reply to the old question.

Also, I would suggest, based on the type of problem you are having, that you post in the Breast  Cancer Community Forum, which is much more active and deals will a variety of breast issues, rather than this forum which is designed more for people with Stage 3 or Stage 4 breast cancer. Click on the link beleow to go to that forum, then click on the green box at the top that says "post a question."

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Breast-Cancer/show/54