Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Could I have inflammatory breast cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

7716591?1330199911
I woke up this morning with a huge rash just underneath the areola of my left breast. It is not quite a rash per se; more like snakeskin or damaged skin that is healing after being badly burned. There are also creases in the skin, not unlike a deflated balloon. A dull, throbbing pain accompanies the rash, although I suspect my hyper-awareness of its' presence may have something to do with the ache. There seems to be clusters of broken veins underneath the area in question. The breast is not swollen and both breasts are secreting something white. The secretion is so light that the only reason I know of it is that my black bra is slightly stained when I take it off at night. Thanks for taking the time out to answer this.
I definitely think you should see a dr asap. I don't know about how much this is like IBC, but it's not worth risking and that rash looks very uncomfortable! Until you can see a dr, try to find a very gentle lotion specifically for eczema (I use QV here in Australia). I get eczema on my nipples quite often so another thing I found that helps with rashes is a plain cotton t and no bra. Not great for going out in, but bras don't usually let your nipples breath and some air might help. This might help sooth it a bit, and if it doesn't that might help your dr diagnose it.
Thanks Ducky. I'll get some sort of excema cream today.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It's unlikely to be due to cancer. The patch could be due to allergen. The other causes could be due to a fungal infection, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis and bacterial infections. Usually there is itching and some amount of inflammation with these conditions. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.